Rosie Martinez, CA, is the Executive Director for VSTraining EDU.
“I honestly believe advocates should be recognized as professionals in their field and deserve to have specialized training, available 24/7.”
Rosie Martinez, CA, is the Executive Director for VSTrainingEDU.
Rosie is an award-winning and nationally recognized former advocate and Victim Services agency manager who, during her active service has applied for, been awarded, and has managed over $20M in grants from multiple sources.
Mrs. Martinez has 20 years of experience in victim services in both system-based and community-based programs. Rosie obtained national accreditation as an Advanced Level “Victim Intervention Specialist” by the National Organization of Victim Assistance.
Her certifications as a Crime Victim Advocate are recognized by:
- The Office of Victims of Crime
- The Office of the Attorney General of Texas,
- The Texas Department of Criminal Justice and
- Trainer for Commercial Sexual Exploitation Identification Tools from the Office of the Governor of Texas Child Sex Trafficking Team
- Baylor University Certification for Motivational Interviewing for Commercially Sexually Exploited Children.
Rosie’s awards for recognition of her leadership include:
- 2017 Honored Victim Advocate of the Year by NOVA in the category of Pioneers in Advocacy by the National Organization for Victim Assistance.
- The Hidalgo County Commissioner’s Court passed a resolution honoring her NOVA national award.
- The Texas Council on Family Violence acknowledged her leadership for making it her life’s work to empower other women naming her as one of 6 most influential women in Texas.
- The National Advocate Credentialed Program recognized and featured her as Summer of 2017 Credentialed Advocate of the Month.
- 2018 Young Hearts Matter Advocate of the Year award with Senator Juan Chuy Hinojosa and the Texas State Senate awarding her Senate Proclamation No. 95 honoring her career in victim services.
Rosie has also received the following awards and/or serves on:
- Commitment to Community Award – Nueva Luz Foundation
- “Star Fish Award” – Angels of Love
- 2016 “Family Violence Ambassador”
- “2019 Commitment Award” – Hidalgo County Family Violence Taskforce.
- NOVA Executive Board of Directors
- HB 1590 Sexual Assault Survivors’ Taskforce – Office of the Governor of Texas.
- Co-founder and Chair of Rio Grande Valley Anti-Human Trafficking Coalition
- Executive Advisor for the Rio Grande Valley Anti-Human Trafficking Taskforce
- Legislative Public Policy Committee for the Texas Council of Family Violence
- Texas Human Trafficking Prevention Taskforce – Office of the Attorney General of Texas.
- HB2620 Policy and Public Awareness Committee – Health Human Services Commission Taskforce.
- Co-Chair of the Hidalgo County Family Violence Task Force (2 terms)
- Hidalgo County Child Fatality Review Team
- Citizens Review Team – Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.